Home     About Me     Recipes

Monday, November 8, 2010

Wine Cork Wreath

I was collecting wine corks for the longest time really wanting to do something with them. Roger then came home one day with a box of them from work. He had been saving them too. Now I really needed to come up with something. I googled and went to craft stores and finally came up with a few ideas! My first project is the Wine Cork Wreath!

What you will need:
Hot glue and glue gun
colored ribbon, optional fake fruit, twigs,whatever you want
1 wreath ring {straw or foam is fine}
You will need a large supply of wine corks, all different kinds are better. Keep in mind you will want to keep the really cool ones or corks that are have sentiment set aside for later!
If you have corks that are of sentiment you can also add the date on so that you will always remember the date you drank that special bottle of wine!
When you are all ready with the supplies sit somewhere and get comfortable.
When your glue gun is hot grab your cork and put a line or dots of glue on one side of the cork that will be attached to the wreath. See below
Glue corks in a row as evenly as possible around the entire wreath. I suggest you start on the inside first and work your way out in rows. You will need to put a few horizontal due to them not all fitting. See my Foxbrook and stone cellars corks below:

Once you have your entire wreath lined with corks, go ahead and grab your special corks you set aside and start gluing them randomly all over (not straight and leave room for your ribbon!) You can have them close together or far apart. It's your wreath and you make it unique!
When you have all your corks on the wreath, leave to dry. Be careful they can come off easily. When you are ready add your ribbon with a pretty bow and hang! You can hang it inside on the wall like I have or on your door, in your kitchen on display whatever but show it off!
I cannot wait until I have people over to see my project. I love it :)
Here's mine in my front room!

I am also thinking of making new project with my corks so keep coming back for more ideas. I am also willing to sell my wreaths if you don't have time to make your own.

No comments: