Home     About Me     Recipes

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween Sugar cookies

My mom sent the boys some Halloween shaped cookies cutters, so naturally I decided to make sugar cookies. I decided I wanted to try and make royal icing and decorate these cookies.
I have never made or used royal icing (do not forget this while seeing the pics). I did my best!

 1st I didn't use the right bowl, then I just kept adding sugar to make it thick. I just didn't know how to do any of it really.
 The ghosts turned out fine, I even like my pumpkins but the black was a nightmare to make and then I had to stack my cookies and they stuck together. Then to make the details on the pots the royal icing was way to thin and runny. I was in a huge hurry to take them to brunch.
My brooms are OK. I already have my fall cookies planned out. I went out and spent a fortune on Meringue powder, so the next round should work!

1 comment:

Julie - Life Continues said...

They turned out better than I would have done without directions! Very cute!