Home     About Me     Recipes

Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Second Short life of Bree Tanner

A couple weeks ago I read Stephanie Meyer's book, The Second short life of Bree Tanner. This follows the Twilight Saga. The story is told in the voice of Bree, a teenager and newborn vampire, who is mentioned on page 569 of Eclipse. She's dead just ten pages later.
I picked this book up because I was in dire need of a Twilight pick me up. I wish sometimes that I didn't finish the saga so I could still be deep inside the drama. So I started SSLBT and I was not that impressed, it was flat and boring. It took me a few days to really put me in that place. I started to like the side of the story that you didn't have a clue was going on. What the Newborns were up to besides a killing spree in Seattle. Bree is young and kind of annoying but she finds a friend Diego (don't remember him) and they try and figure out why they were "born" and who made them. The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner is pretty much contained in the last week of the newborns' existence before the big fight (between the Cullens and the vampire army) in the meadow. Bree is killed by Jane after only being a newborn for 3 months.
I think Stephanie hit the nail on the head with this book. I loved that she knows the Twilight fans can never get enough so she writes from different characters points of view. I would assume she will do more from someone Else's point of view.
I know that she has a blurb of a chapter on her website, I've just been to busy to check it out. Plus I know I will want more. So if you also need a Twilight pick me up, stop by the library for the book. It's also only a bit over 100 pages so you can finish it fast.

Stephenie told USA Today how the novella came about.


"I started writing this a long time ago," Meyer said in an exclusive interview with USA Today. "It was when I was editing Eclipse. It was more of just an exercise so I could be clear about what was going on in the story."
Also available at Amazon.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog