Home     About Me     Recipes

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day 24, Thankful..{Happy Thanksgiving}

Happy Thanksgiving family and friends! Most of my family and friends live in Seattle so I don't get to see them on this blessed day but I will be thinking of them. I will most likely send out a text message to them all too like usual.
Today I am thankful for this day. We have the Pilgrims and Indians to thank. I am not a huge fan of the meal but I love that it's a tradition. I am all about traditions.
My usual Thanksgiving tradition is as follows:
*Turkey Trot in Wash Park, it's a 4 mile run in Denver's most beloved park. Kind of like Green Lake to Seattle.
* Clean myself up
* Enjoy Mimosa's, bloody Mary's or wine with light Appetizers
* Watch football, and parades
* Eat with family
  *Turkey and sometimes Ham
  *Mashed Potatoes (my famous version)
  *Green Bean Casserole
  *Candied Yams
  *Jalapeno cornbread (southern style)
  *southern style stuffing is made but I don't eat it
*Sit on couch
*Eat pumpkin pie
*Drive home and hop into bed!
We will see how today's traditions play out for I have had an injury to my legs that have put me out of running for 2 weeks. Which I am not thankful for :(
Today I am thankful for Thanksgiving day!

No comments: