Home     About Me     Recipes

Friday, November 5, 2010

Day 5, I'm Thankful for Coffee!

I have to say I love coffee. I love all kinds of coffee, but my daily cup is just a drip coffee from my own kitchen brewed bright and early in the dark. I have early mornings and let me tell you it's been hard to get motivated these days when it's 7am and dark outside. But that first smell of coffee gets my heart going just a bit. Then that first sip of hot delicious (most of the time) coffee at least gets me to make breakfast for the boys.
Last week we had this coffee blend made in New Orleans. Short story when we were there last year we went to the famous cafe and had coffee and it was amazing. I thought they really know what they are doing. Who needs Columbia beans? WE DO! This blend I got sucked! If it didn't cost a fortune I would of tossed it. Now we are onto trying Maxwell house, not a big fan unless it has cream and lots of sugar in it. I may have to stick with plain ol' Folgers, they really know what they are doing.
When I have a few dollars in my wallet, usually given to me on Sunday's from Roger's Saturday night tip money I do head on over to the local Starbucks and splurge! My favorite is the Caramel Macchiatto, but I do like the white chocolate mocha and now that it's the holiday's I'm dying for an Egg Nog Latte! Just last Sunday morning the boys and I got on our running shoes and walked to the local Starbucks for a hot cup of Joe and hot chocolates. I thoroughly enjoyed that coffee and that walk!
As much as I love coffee, here's the weird thing....I only take about 6 sips and I'm good. I cannot drink and entire cup. I have my tall Starbucks plastic mug with lid, I fill it to the top no fail every morning and I take a few sips, carry it around and don't drink any more of it. I end up dumping it out after a few hours. When I buy an actual tall Starbucks latte sometimes I can finish it, sometimes it last me 2 mornings. I know I'm weird.
So Coffee I am thankful for you!

1 comment:

Room to Inspire said...

I too LOVE coffee - I truly look forward to sipping it in the morning as I get the kiddos ready for school. And I am a sucker of the Egg Nog as well - today I had my first of the season at a local coffee shop...it was fabulous!

Chelsea