Home     About Me     Recipes

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Tea/Treat Holder

I had to wait and post this after my mom got her gift, but this is what I made her for Christmas. This really cute holder can really be used for anything but I used Tea bags. I drove up to the Celestial Seasonings factory in Boulder and bought a bunch of different tea flavors and stacked them in.
Here's how I made it:
 Get an old foil or parchment paper holder. Remove cutting spikes. Get scrapbook paper, felt and craft glue and scissors
 
 Wrap the scrapbook paper around the foil holder. Glue down on each flat surface and corners. Make sure it's straight.
 Now glue on your felt. Glue down one piece across the front first. Then glue on felt along the top flap around to the other side.
When all your felt is on the way you want it. Get an old button and string. You will need to glue down the string, make sure it's long enough to wrap around and loop around the button. Place a piece of folded paper under button and glue on both. Make sure string can close flap.
You have now completed your new project!
You can use this to put chocolates inside, tea, cookies, pencils, craft materials and much more!
Anyone else make this or something similar, feel free to post your link on comments!
Happy Wednesday!

xoxo
-N

2 comments:

Mommy of 3 Princesses said...

Hi I am your newest follower. visit me at

http://www.mommypong.blogspot.com

Julie - Life Continues said...

I love this gift you sent me! Love Mom