Home     About Me     Recipes

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Pumpkin Cupcakes

I don't know about you guys but I'm so not ready to give up my pumpkin baking just yet. I had a big hankering for something pumpkin but not my usual chocolate chip pumpkin bread, not my pumpkin dip, something delicious and sweet. So after googling pumpkin food images and decided on Pumpkin Cupcakes!!

In one word to describe these Pumpkin Cupcakes would be HEAVEN! Yes, I said this at least 4 times eating my cupcake, very slowly and trying not to miss one crumb.









Pumpkin Cupcakes
Preheat Oven at 350 degrees
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temp
1 cup Sugar
2 Large Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla
3/4 cup Pumpkin Puree

In Large bowl sift together flour, baking soda, spices and salt. In mixing bowl cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs then vanilla. Add flour and puree in shifts. Make sure the flour mixture mixes at the beginning and the end.
Bake 18-20 minutes. Cool.

Cream Cheese Frosting:
4 oz. Cream Cheese
2 tbs butter at room temp
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla
In mixing bowl beat cream cheese till smooth. Add butter in until smooth. Add vanilla and sugar for 3 min. Pipe or spread cupcakes.
Top with Garnish: toffee bits!
On the cupcakes photoed above I used vanilla frosting because I didn't have enough cream cheese.

ENJOY!!
xoxo
-N

recipe and photos also at bhg.com

1 comment:

Julie - Life Continues said...

All of these yummy foods! Not on my new 2011 way of eating.....darn!