Home     About Me     Recipes

Monday, January 3, 2011

New Years Resolutions?

Do any of you do New Years Resolutions? I feel like it's such a past time, that no one does them anymore cause they can never follow through all the way.
 I hate that most people do get in shape/lose weight as there resolutions. Why? because it's annoying when I go to the gym (regularly might I add) and all these resolution people hog the machines for about a month then don't come back. You set all of us regulars back, I hate a crowded gym! I also hate being on a wait list for a treadmill...I just want to go run, lift and leave!
I personally don't set resolutions because I think it's dumb. I set goals for myself consistently and I have my bucket list, so I really have no need another resolution.
So for a new blogging topic for January my goal is to go 30 days without drinking. Some of you may know I just love my wine!
 I have wanted to do this for a few months (idea came from a friend) but thought it would be hard. Every month had something to celebrate, Sept. was my birthday, October was Halloween, November we had Thanksgiving then Christmas and New Years. So I finally settled on Jan. (still denying this as a resolution) I'm in no way an alcoholic and that's why I'm giving it up. I just feel that this is a great goal and a great way to keep some weight off. I may even go longer than 30 days if I am dropping weight like crazy too. I am hoping I don't give up alcohol and take up something else that's bad for you.
February will be another goal, so keep tuned in.
I also want to add, I've done this type of goal before with fast food, eating out and drinking soda. I was very successful. I didn't eat fast food for 2 months, didn't eat out at a restaurant for 1 month and I didn't drink soda for several years. Til this day I only drink sprite in very limited quantities.
I'm excited for this new challenge and hope that this will lead to other great adventures!
Anyone have a goal or resolution you want to share?

xoxo
-N

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love coloradocraft.blogspot.com! Here I always find a lot of helpful information for myself. Thanks you for your work.
Webmaster of http://loveepicentre.com and http://movieszone.eu
Best regards