Home     About Me     Recipes

Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 7 of No Drinking & Venting!

From my previous post I am on a 30 days (maybe more) no drinking goal.
I made it one full week, that's 24/7 of no drinking! Why am I so impressed with myself after only 1 week. Well my week has been totally different than normal.
Monday still off for winter break and having the boys home that long and trying to go to bed early was a challenge.
Tuesday was up early and back into our normal routine, I had blood shot eyes and was so tired.
OK so onWed. late afternoon. I inherited 2 extra kids for the remainder of the week! That's right I had 4 kids this week! Here's the scoop:
My neighbor friend went out of town and her Ex husband refuses to take care of his own kids while she's away, and being that I cannot say no to people, said I would watch her kids. I find myself on edge and very cranky when I have them. 4 kids is a lot, and 2 of which are not mine and I don't feel comfortable reprimanding them.
Today now Friday morning, I am so stressed out that I feel sick to my stomach and my chest feels like I have weights sitting on them. All the kids are at school and I still feel stressed!
I've done this several times and each time I'm told that I will get paid. I've never seen a dime! But I do hope that when I need help, she will be the first to step up. That's most important.
I do hope that the reason the kids are a bit to handle is because they are so comfortable with me. They don't look at me like the sitter but as the cool next door neighbor friend.
So to go 7 days without drinking is a good achievement!

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Julie - Life Continues said...

Hope your weekend is better than your week! And hopefully your neighbor will not be shown your blog, by any of your mutual friends.

You would have your hands full with 4 kids and 2 not your own. Maybe if you deal with it again you could have a lot of their time organized, like making a craft, decorating cookies, etc. this may keep them reigned in a bit. Also, don't hesitate to show them some discipline with time out/away from the others. Not sure what you did, but if you are out of control they are in charge. You are a good Mom and I know it is hard when other children aren't well behaved, but with enough exposure maybe you will be a good influence on them.

Hang in there!