Home     About Me     Recipes

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 18 No Drinking

I am now on 18 Days of no drinking. I've made it through another 3 day weekend with no drinks! I do have a special cranberry splash Sierra Mist in a wine glass to make me fit in just a bit, with a water back.
Friday night we had pizza at the neighbors, I had sierra mist and water. Others had beer and wine.
Saturday night we had all the neighbor friends over for game night. I thought it would be really hard to keep from joining in on all the beer and wine sitting on the table and hogging my fridge. It wasn't at all! I didn't even think twice about it. I had my wine glass with soda in it with my water and I was fine.
Game night was a great success and I cannot wait to do it again.
I got a very nice message from one of my neighbors thanking me a million times for the great time and for including them, also that I didn't drink was awesome. It makes me happy that I can pull off a last minute get together and no one got in a fight!
The husband and I also knocked it out of the park with our food. I made a monkey bread and cheesecake spread dessert and he made bacon wrapped jalapenos appetizer. They were amazing! I will make them again for a blog post so keep your eye out.
So 18 days down and many more to go! (I don't know if weight was lost, my scale is out of batteries).

Anyone else do game nights? What games do you play and what food do you serve?

No comments: