Home     About Me     Recipes

Monday, October 18, 2010

The Tower of Doom freefall ride at Elitch Gardens


On Saturday we took the boy to Elitch Gardens, formerly Six Flags in Denver. The boys won free ticket earlier in the year for a reading program they did at the library. So as a reward we took them before they closed for the year. I would have to say the boys had a great time, they could stay all day I'm sure. We had Roger's mom with us, who can't walk far so we only got to stay for about 4 hours. That's probably 1/2 the park. The lines were short and the rides were scary! Just watching half the kid rides made me want to throw up. I cannot believe when I was a kid I could do that for hours. This time I went on a select dare devil rides. I started my day off on the Mind Eraser, then the Tower of Doom aka. Free Fall, then ended with the twister II.
Twister II was scary just because you are jerked around and they built it with this wood that creaks you think it's going to crash! I didn't let the boys ride any of these, and I don't think I'll be riding them again. 
The Tower of Doom has made me take bungee jumping off my bucket list!! I was told my many people in line watching me that I had the most scared face that they had ever seen, they were all laughing at me, even my boys!
Just finding the right utube video had my stomach doing turns again. Mind Eraser was scary because you were upside down then all of a sudden you were doing triple loops. It lasted a minute & I almost threw up my lunch! I would do it again..LOL
I'm sticking with Water World for now on!
Enjoy the videos!

No comments: