Home     About Me     Recipes

Thursday, October 7, 2010

9 things you should not do at the gym

I go to my local gym several mornings a week. I see a very wide range of people. I try very hard not to judge people but there are just some things I notice about people that surprise me. So I think these are things you should not do while at the gym.
The gym is a people watching place, some use it as a pick up place (I do not) not saying that I don't look though. There are some very well build males that attend :) Right Ladies (wink wink).

Here are a few things I have noticed lately that you should not do:

1.  Men or Boys do not wear swim trunks as shorts...it's weird or maybe I just don't get it

2.  Ladies you really don't need all that makeup, natural at the gym in NORMAL

3. Tennis skirts are for when you play TENNIS!

4. Sweat so much you have a lake forming under your machine...ever heard of a towel?

5. Talk loudly on your phone, it's rude and WE DON'T CARE!

6. Wearing clothes 3 sizes to small

7. Wearing clothes 3 sizes to small and riding bent over a bike = GROSS.

8. Putting 400 lbs of weights on a bench press, have no spotter, then drop it =you look like a douche bag!

9. Wearing shirts with the sleeves and sides of the shirt cut out..again douche bag might as well just not wear a shirt.

Well I think I covered the things I saw at the gym this week! If anyone reading this blog is offended I'm sorry, these are just things I notice when I'm working out. This is my own opinion and I'm entitled to that. If in someway I'm helping you realize you do some of these, your welcome :)

2 comments:

Becca Bertotti said...

Hey there ... thank you for stopping by my blog and your sweet comment about my Fall buffet. I got the fleur-de-lis vase at a Willow Tree party. They have a website ... I'm sure you can find a "dealer" in your area and order one through him or her! Best of luck. *Becca*

Rachael said...

I am SOOOO with you on the make up thing. It honestly drives me freaking in sane when I see girls all prettied up to get excerise. Like really, is that needed!? I guess it does work for their benefit if they're trying to "pick up a guy".
Example:
I had this HUGE crush on this guy that helped set up my theater in my basement and decided to bring a friend along with me to see what she thought about him. We went for a 5K run that morning: Colorado Rockies Homerun for the Homeless. Here I am just in my my work out clothes and my hair in a ponytail and only mascara on for the run and for the day. I go pick her up and she looked like we're going out on the town for the weekend or something: loaded make up and cute pony tail. We go eat lunch after the run and my friend asks me if I want to go home & get dressed etc. before we go see him at his store. I decline the offer for 2 reasons:
1- Absolutely not needed. I'm comfortable in my skin whenever & where ever and don't need to change or put make up on after a workout.
2- My house is so out of the way for that purpose.

It ended up that I take her with me and he ended up liking her & not me. I thought that was rediculous but who cares now! I'm over it and learned a lesson from her that he's not a good guy for multiple reasons. At least I didn't have to learn to hard way like she did ;)