Home     About Me     Recipes

Friday, October 15, 2010

Rock n' Roll Marathon Denver

This weekend is the Denver Rock n' Roll Marathon and 1/2 marathon. My neighbor Kelley is joining the other thousands of people doing this race. I'm excited for her and a bit jealous, running a marathon is definitely on my bucket list. This race starts at a brisk cool 7am on Sunday. If it's broad casted on TV I will sure be taking a peak.
 I have a really bad knee and had to quit running for some time and now that I'm pretty much back into it I cannot wait for the race to come around next year so I can participate. That is if my knee can hang with me, I don't need to have surgery.
Next month is our schools 5k, then I have the Turkey Trot which is a tradition for myself and then to finished year with the polar bear run on Christmas. The Turkey Trot is so fun, since last year I was out of commission I volunteered for the race instead handing out bib packets. I love it all! If I cannot race I still want to be involved and support a good cause!
I do plan on trying out a 1/2 marathon in another state if it's in the budget in the future. My first one would probably be in Seattle while I'm up visiting friends and family.
Good Luck Rock n' Rollers!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Good for you for putting doing a marathon on your bucket list.
It's on mine too as well as a triathalon. Will I ever be able to either of those some day? I've done LOTS of 5K's this year already and do LOVE them! I recently joined 2 running clubs and help myself get more practice to get into my old running all the time days 4 years ago. I can do it I can do it!!! ;)
I've heard of the Turkey Trot but not the Polar Bear run on Christmas. What's that?! I'm not even sure I would ever participate on that.

HR Mom said...

I'm not positive that's what the christmas one is called, but it's something close to that. It's in Wash Park...it's usually freezing cold. Last year I just picked up my shirt and left :)
We need to cordinate a run together then!