Home     About Me     Recipes

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I love rainy days

It's finally raining in Colorado! It's been the hottest and dryest of years here, we need this!
I know all you Seattle people are wishing you didn't have the rain.



Growing up in Seattle It rains and it rains A LOT! Every time it rains in Colorado which isn't often, I think of home. I think about the smell, the laughter, the coziness it makes me feel. One memory I always think about is back when I was in Middle school my bestie Lauren and I would put on a pair of boxers, tanks or t shirts and run outside in her neighborhood and dance or run in the gutters while it rained. We would laugh uncontrollably while others thought we were nuts. When my kids say they wished it would stop raining so they could go outside and play I always say it doesn't have to sunny to be outside. I then tell them about my memory, they think I'm crazy! I think a lot of my friends know how much I love the rain cause I was outside on Sunday and it rained for a short while and my friend Dawnette walked over and said, "Nicole, It's raining!" I LOVE IT! So as I write this blog it's raining and I'm cuddled in my favorite winter blanket and thinking about my raining Seattle days!
It's short lived though, I just looked at the time and I have to go get Dylan from school. Maybe I'll make him some Hot Chocolate with ghost marshmallow's and sit him by the fire while he watches his cartoon. If I get my cleaning done I'll do the same but read a good book.
Happy rainy day friends!

No comments: