Home     About Me     Recipes

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Colorado Pumpkin Patch

Saturday we headed south out of the "Ranch" with the boys to go to the Colorado pumpkin patch. We have never been to one and I thought it would be fun. I got a great deal online so it put a fire under me to take the boys and do something different. To get us more into the fall spirit.
After only a short ride (we did get lost in a neighborhood) we finally found CO PP. We arrived and it was a LOT smaller than we had expected. The boys headed straight to the straw slide, while on the slide they saw a petting zoo. This petting zoo only had 2 sheep, 2 goats, and the cutest little mini llama, along with 4 bunnies, didn't keep our attention long. They also had a snow fence maze...Yeah I was a little confused on what that was until I saw a white stick fence poorly put together in a maze. It was falling down in some places and it was short. One half of the maze you couldn't even get out of, so you had to turn around and go back the way you came..Really?
We also did a kids hay bale maze with a small tunnel, that was fun for them. We got to watch mini pumpkins being launched, hay bale pyramid to climb and a tractor ride.
We ended up being there an hour and a half. It was cold, and windy and we were ready to leave. The "pumpkin patch" was a cardboard box full of pumpkins that you picked through and paid for.
I would say that if I had paid full price to go I would of asked for a refund on the way out! The small crap pumpkins should of been included in the price and that would make it worth it. This is one place I won't be going back to. I rather drive for over an hour and have a blast that do that again. But we did get a few pictures of the boys.
Who goes to a Pumpkin Patch as an annual event each year? Which ones are your favorites?








2 comments:

Rachael said...

Well based on your thoughts on this one, it falls to the negative metor and isn't a good one.
An AMAZING one is Anderson Farms. It's up in Erie. I first went there 5 years ago when I took the boys I was nannying for for their first, and I think only, time. Since my neice was born 3 years ago we all go every year. It is SO SO fun!!! They have a whole bunch of animals for they're petting zoo. Barrel rides for the tykes, hay maze that you climb on, pony rides, little maze for children, corn maze, carriage ride to the pumpkins, little store where you can get home made stuff like apple butter & pumpkin butter etc., cafeteria for lunch, milking cow, play train, and more. I highly recommend this one!!!

HR Mom said...

OH, that sounds awesome! What sucks is it was between Anderson and Co PP but my hubby didn't want to drive all that way. I will remember for next year :) Thanks.