Home     About Me     Recipes

Friday, October 8, 2010

Boys Bathroom Decor

When we moved into our current (1st) home the boys were 1 year and newborn. I had always wanted to decorate the boys bathroom with the Ducks theme. So I enjoyed my trip to Target that year and stocked up on everything Ducks. My mom and aunt came out to see my new baby boy and pitched in on some ducks too. Now my boys are 7 and 5...not so much liking the ducks anymore. My 1st thought was "OMG that's going to cost me a fortune to redo and I don't have that!"
But me being the frugal girl that I am hit up some sales and came up with an idea. Of course I bought towels that I liked 1st, but to find a shower curtain that matches = nightmare! So I bit the bullet and bought a new shower curtain I liked, now I have to return the towels and come up with a new plan. But here is a photo before the redo:

 Not pictured: Duck shower curtain hooks, Duck trash can, 3 duck hanging murals (very expensive but cute), 1 duck photo and duck towels
Sorry to see you go...
Since photo was taken I sold 1/2 the stuff for 50% off what I paid. I find that to be pretty good since it's all 5 years old! I'm still determined to sell the rest and purchase the new.
Photos of the new bathroom to come, I need to buy more stuff!

2 comments:

Becky Jane said...

Curious to see the new bathroom!

Julie - Life Continues said...

Post a photo of the shower curtain you got, maybe I will find something to go with it! Good job on selling the Duckies.