Home     About Me     Recipes

Sunday, October 3, 2010

I'm so excited...

I'm so excited, Halloween is less than a month away! I love everything about Halloween, the costumes, the candy, trick or treating, and I love to decorate and doing crafts and of course being scared. I love to be scared, but just for a second. Roger and I went to 2 haunted houses last Halloween downtown, they were scary only because it was literally pitch black, you could not see in front of you and there fore you couldn't see if something was next to you or about to scream in your face. Once you were in the decorated room, it wasn't that scary it was pretty obvious who was going to move off the doctor's table or that the head laying on the table was going to open it's eyes. I held onto the back of Roger's shirt and made him lead. Even Roger was to scared to walk in front. It was worth going only because we went for cheap.

I sometimes wish the boys were still so little, I remember Tanner was a baby duck for his 1st Halloween, he was precious. (I'd post that picture but it got a little wet and ruined) Dylan was a little devil, which really fit his personality at 2. It was cute having them try so hard to say Trick or Treat and take candy from a stranger. They used to give the candy out of there bags into the peoples buckets. So cute, now they want to trick or treat for hours, and have large bags. I told them when I was at least in middle school my dad would drive us to every neighborhood and fill up pillow cases full of candy. They cannot wait to do the same. At this time the boys don't know what they want to dress up as, but I refuse to let them be anything with a mask. I end up carrying it all night long. That gets in the way of holding my adult beverage :)
Yes, we here in "The Ranch" carry adult beverages while taking the kids trick or treating. I usually do a warm drink like hot chocolate or cider with a little "spice". It keeps me warm because usually it's freezing outside. Last year we had a snow storm the night before, it was a cold, wet mess. But of course like I said I really look forward to it. I'm thinking today after church I will get into the crawl space and get out all my decor and start planning my crafts!
 Mr. T and Mr. D as star wars and transformers guys...yes I carried the masks all night!
Me being creative, my Frankenstein cake! If you need to know what I used to create your own let me know and I can blog the recipe.
Anyone else have a Halloween craft they just love to do? I'd love to see pictures!

No comments: