Home     About Me     Recipes

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Homemade Granola Bars

I had a container of rolled oats that I just really wanted out of my pantry cabinet. So after watching Giada make granola bars and my boys eating them up like crazy at $3 a box, I knew I had to make my own. It went something like this:

                                                The honey is also made by my friend locally!
                                          Mix all your ingredients in a big bowl, this gets messy!
                                                            Spray the pan and pat it in
                                                            Bake, Cut and Tada!

OK, so mine are really thick and made it hard to cut perfectly but they turned out OK. I would make them a little different next time. Giada used a marmalade instead of Honey that I will do next time.

Granola Bars:
4 cups Rolled Oats
1 cup Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Vanilla
2/3 c. Butter
1/2 c. Honey or marmalade
1/3 c. packed Brown Sugar
2 c. mini chocolate chips
Optional: nuts, craisins, peanut butter, raisins

Preheat oven to 325, Lightly grease 9 x 13" pan. Combine Oats, sugar, flour, baking soda, vanilla, butter and honey. Stir in Chocolate chips, raisins, nuts, etc.
Lightly press mixture into pan. Bake 18-22 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes and cut into bars.

Do you have a great recipe for Granola Bars? Share it here! If you make this come back and let me know how yours turned out!

Enjoy!
xoxo
-N

No comments: