Home     About Me     Recipes

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

6 Week Challenge Complete!

I went into the 6 week fitness challenge thinking it just wasn't enough time, to get fit or lose weight. That I need to exercises twice a day several times a week. I was so wrong!

3 weeks into the challenge I still didn't notice much of a difference, no weight loss, Tae Bo sucked. I only have 3 weeks left. That made me sad. I did meet some friends and they are nice.

2 weeks left in the challenge, Tae Bo still not my favorite but man burning 700+ calories was fantastic and I was getting so much better and stronger! Taking only 1 day off a week. I fell in love with anything TRX, Vert or Fitmaxx classes. I knew who were the best instructors to be relaxed, kick butt or ride your ass!

1 week left, so sad it's ending. Tae Bo ripped is one of my favorite classes along with Fitmaxx (boxing), wishing I could do more boxing in the ring, I'm stronger, I'm going to miss all the people I've met, the staff is wonderful.

Last day....So bittersweet. I walked into Tae Bo tired. I haven't had a day off in over a week and I was very sick of waking up at 7am on Fall break! I didn't eat well this week either due to book club, seeing old friends and catching up, so much wine and snacks... so many regrets. Tae Bo was a little rough but I felt good enough afterwards to do a boxing class. I kicked butt in that one!

So all in all my measurements were OK.

            9/20           10/22
Arms:    11                11
Chest:    34                32
Bust       ?                 Loss of 2 inches
Waist     ?                 Loss of 2 inches
Hips       ?                Loss of 2 inches
lower abs ?               Loss of 3 inches
Thighs    ?                 Loss of 2 inches each leg

Total inches lost 13.5" and weight loss of 1 lbs. (had 5lbs at wk 3 but of course didn't eat healthy). The owner made it really hard to see the progress sheet. The line was very long, so asking for a copy would of pissed her off.  That's why I just remember total lost. I also know I didn't win the challenge because my neighbor reported losing 27 inches!

I'm so happy I did the challenge. I feel so much better. I realized a few things about myself as well that I can work on. I do plan on continuing doing Vert and TRX classes at another local gym.
Now onto the next challenge....a race next weekend. I haven't run in 5 weeks!

xoxo
-N

No comments: