Home     About Me     Recipes

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Challenge Progress

Well I'm 5 weeks into my 6 week challenge! I'm sad it's almost over, I had a great time trying new things, challenging my body, mind and spirit to do this. I really enjoyed learning new things from all the wonderful instructors. I have met a wonderful new friend in the process too. She actually lives in the neighborhood down the street and tans at my salon, so I'm super excited to be able to keep in touch with her.
 I wish I could even afford to keep working out at the gym forever but they charge way to much. I may just have to keep doing these 6 week challenges every Spring or Fall.
My favorite class would have to be anything TRX, FitMax, Tae Bo Ripped and Vert. I like them so much it almost makes me think of becoming an instructor. But that's something I have to run by the big man upstairs!

As for my body, today I can barely walk! I love it. It's bittersweet, it's painful and it sucks but at the same time I know that I challenged my body and the exercise worked.
Let me explain a little of how I got to this point. Yesterday I went to attend my normal Tuesday morning Body Pump class and they decided to switch it to TRX Cardio Blast. We did a million squats, lunges, and so on for an hour! Then today I attended my normal Wed. afternoon Tae Bo class. For some reason Nicole decided to do the entire class holding 2 lb weights. Now, don't get me wrong 2 lbs you say yes, super light. But they feel like 40 lbs after holding them up after 10 minutes. Try holding them in the air for almost an hour! We then of course had to do a million squats, lunges, Tae Bo kicks the full length of the classroom.
I'm glad I got an ass kickin' class today. I feel good about it and won't feel bad tonight when I eat pasta.
For the weight loss, there hasn't been much in this challenge. Muscle weighs more then fat and I feel that I have gotten some arm muscles and maybe a little more toned thighs. So I may overall lose inches in my arms and chest. I'm happy with that. I may have lost like 3 pounds but I truly didn't watch my diet. What's important is I feel stronger and have way more endurance.
I did take some 3 week pictures and I will also take final pictures and post them when the challenge is complete.
I have a few races coming up in the next couple weeks and I'm anxious to know if I run any faster. I first just need to get rid of all my sicknesses!
Say some prayers for my health...it's been on the rocks this month.

xoxo
-N

1 comment:

Julie - Life Continues said...

Wow! You are an inspiration....I am hoping to get into some kind of classes when I get settled in my new home.