Home     About Me     Recipes

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tooth Fairy Pillow

My oldest T is losing his baby teeth..finally!! He has my genetics on losing teeth, I had to have my last 2 baby teeth pulled while wearing braces in HIGH SCHOOL!! How embarrassing was that!
Not sure how much teeth are worth these days but I'm starting out low and working my way up. On Monday T lost his 1 front tooth and instead of continually hoping he doesn't push off the money we leave under his pillow at night I decided to make a tooth fairy pillow.
Since the pillow cost some dough for the material he only got $3 for the front tooth. Plus the other front tooth is due to come out soon too. Kids just look so weird missing their front teeth. Plus T's other tooth is totally crooked.
Here's how to make a Tooth Fairy Pillow:
Go to Joann's or another craft store and purchase some cloth material. (I also purchased leftover scraps so I got a few inches for like $3).
While at Joann's get pillow filler
White Felt
Black thread

Step 1: (not shown) Cut your White felt into a tooth shape, using black thread, thread to make eyes and a mouth. See bottom for finished pillow to see what I mean.
Step 2: Once you have your tooth made sew to one side of the pillow material.
Step 3: Sew the material into a pillow shape and leave the bottom open to stuff. See below
                                           sew the material into a square, leave bottom open
                                         Step 4: fill pillow with the filler until desired shape
 
                                              Step 5: You can hand sew closed or use a machine
                                                          Should look something like this
***Make sure when you sew the tooth on to leave the top of the tooth open so you can put the money into it.
This would make a great baby shower gift. You can do Blue for Boy, Pink for girl or if you don't know what they are having try a neutral yellow or light green would look cute too.
T loved his pillow. I have one for D when you loses his first tooth!

If you make this pillow make sure you post your link so we can all check it out!

xoxo
-N

No comments: