Home     About Me     Recipes

Sunday, September 18, 2011

New Workouts

I started a new gym this past Saturday, let's just say OMG!
Here's the full scoop. From Sept 10th to October 22nd, I am being challenged to lose as many inches as I can. Which I don't think is much at this point, so I'm already in the mind set of not winning. So if I do win, it will be a huge surprise.
The classes offered are:
Tae Bo, Tae Bo extreme, ripped, and impact
VERT
Yoga
TRX, strength and stretch
FITMMAX
VertMax
and a few more combo classes.
Everyone pretty much knows kickboxing and of Billy Blanks right? Thought so. I have seen the commercials and thought that looks easy. WRONG, it was pretty hard. I wasn't sure I even liked the class either. I've now taken it 4 times and I'm thinking I may end up liking it. You also burn like 550-1000 calories in an hour! Who wouldn't learn to like it.

I took VERT after doing Tae Bo.. in lamest terms it's full body circuit training, and sometimes your legs are in straps...in the air! It was pretty much the hardest workout I've ever done. At one point I was out of breath and I told the instructor, I just ran a 1/2 marathon 2 weeks ago, how in the world could I be so out of shape? Pretty much cause I'm working totally different parts of my body then when running.
Great I'm pretty much starting at square 1. This all should be very interesting.

Friday morning I attended the 6am TRX Strength and stretch. Now I really liked this one. This also had you in straps hanging in the air but so much better. After all the strength stuff we did Yoga. I've never done Yoga before just Pilate's. I think this may be my favorite class so far.

Yesterday morning I did another Tae Bo class with a friend, it was packed. Not one person left that room dry. Man you sweat a lot! During our forward and back kicks I managed to kick the instructor in the leg. I didn't see her behind me. I was so embarrassed! But on a positive note she told me I had "One hell of a back kick"

 I haven't run in a week or so and I don't want to lose my speed. I'm going to run a race next Saturday and I'm hoping to get a 28 min. time.
Any CO friends wanting to take this fitness challenge with me, contact me and we will get you set up!

xoxo
-N

2 comments:

Julie - Life Continues said...

OMG is right! Wow, you must have really picked up a liking to working out! More power to you and lots of luck, even if you don't win the challenge (but you could), you are still a winner for doing all of it! I am hoping to go back to a Zumba class (I like Zumba) and I have always wanted to do Yoga.
Very proud of you Nicole!!!

Team Gibson said...

Sounds like you are kicking butt! Good job. I think you just motivated me a bit :)