Home     About Me     Recipes

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Awana

When I was a young girl I attended Awana. Well that's what my mom says. I have no memory of going but I'm sure I liked it. I like all things church. I was pretty involved with church until my Junior year in H.S when I met "the boyfriend" and he steered me down a different path. I attended church a lot less. My parents didn't attend so there was no pressure to attend.
Being that I am back in the church, I really want my kids to be more involved so I found an Awana at a church close by our house.
Tonight will be their third night attending and they already have John 3:16 memorized! They have partial 1 John 4:14 memorized too. I'm just so proud and it helps me memorize the verses too. I'm so happy with the church as well. Very well organized and very friendly.
I do hope this is something my kids will want to do for a very long time.

xoxo
-N

1 comment:

Julie - Life Continues said...

That is great Nicole!

I don't want people to think that your Mom didn't attend church...I did for many many years. Just never found one on the Plateau that I connected with (which is when you were in HS).