Home     About Me     Recipes

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How to fill your time when kids are in school

I have two boys 6 & 8. When D was in half day kindergarten I enjoyed my 2 or so hours alone. I got a lot of things done. Then I spent the rest of the time with him. Now that both my boys are in full day school 1st and 2nd graders (time flies) I was frequently asked, "What are you going to do now"?
Well for the longest time I just didn't have the answers. Here and there I said I would volunteer and workout. But people wanted to know if I was going to get a job. I really cringed at the thought of getting a job. The first week back at school I met up with some mom's for coffee. 3 of them already had jobs!!
I thought I was losing all my SAHM friends until things just fell into place! I'm a true believer in things happen for a reason.
Here is how I'm filling up my time away from the boys:

*Volunteering at there school (40 hrs per year is required)
*Volunteering at my Church
    *Answering phones
    *Crafts for Sunday School
    *Projects from the Pastors
    *Organizing and Stocking supplies
*Volunteering for Cause I believe in . Check it out and see if you have a center near you. Feel free to donate or buy the coffee!
*I also got a very part time/on call job at the Tanning salon down the street from my house. May not come to a surprise to some of you! (I worked in a Tanning salon most of my young life)
*Clean, Laundry,Dust, couponing you get my point
*Blog
*Bake or Cook
*Set Goals
*Read
*Coffee dates with friends

Some more ideas could be:
*Take up Gardening
*Join a Gym, Running Club
*Take longer at the Library and explore
*Learn something new
*Study a new language
*Babysit for someone to help them out
*Form or join a coffee or breakfast club
*Take a class (I've always wanted to do a cake decorating class)
*Go back to school part time
*Become a part time consultant doing something you love
*Form or Join a freezer cooking group

I hope that these will help or inspire you to do something new or go back to something you loved doing before. One major advice I would give is to also Pray about it, GOD will put in your path what he wants you to do. Oh, another important thing....ENJOY YOUR FREE TIME DOING NOTHING TOO!

God Bless and Good Luck

xoxo
-N

No comments: