Home     About Me     Recipes

Monday, September 19, 2011

Canning Peaches

I remember growing up and watching my mom can fruits, jam/jelly's in our kitchen. She made some great stuff. I've decided as one of my kitchen goals is to learn and start canning my own foods. I'm hoping this will help in being more frugal.
Ace Hardware was running a great special on canning supplies, so I knew I had a sure sign that I needed to learn this. Then the boys' school had Peaches on sale by the box for $28, locally grown!
Third sign that I was meant to start canning was my girlfriend Amanda was canning plum jam Friday morning when I arrived to her house for coffee. She asked me if I wanted to go pick plums and learn to can?!
I couldn't believe it. So, she showed me how to do it! I'm so excited for this new "kitchen adventure"!
Come back soon for pictures!

xoxo
-N

1 comment:

Julie - Life Continues said...

Great fun, canning! I remember some great food and a few flops, but all in all yummy stuff and fun.

If you use a pressure cooker be careful, after I had mine for many years the last time I used it the darn thing blew! So be sure and have someone who knows what they are doing help you with a pressure cooker until you feel comfortable.

Happy eats!
Love, Mom