Home     About Me     Recipes

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Vanilla Cupcakes

When my chocolate cupcakes didn't turn out I went to a basic vanilla cupcake. I feel if I cannot make this I'm done! Good news they turned out good!
                                             I lined my 12 cup muffin pan with my paper liners
Doesn't that just look so good?

Vanilla Cupcakes:
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
6 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temp ( I turned my heater on and put the bowl next to it, with my eggs)
1 large egg, plus 1 egg white at room temp
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup whole milk ( I used 1.5%)

Preheat oven to 350F. Line your muffin pan!

In a bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt. In your electric mixer bowl on med-high speed, beat the sugar and butter together until light and fluffy, 2 minutes. Add the egg and egg white one at a time, beating well on low speed after each addition, then beat in the vanilla.
Add flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating the milk in 2 additions, beating on low speed until just combined; scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat on medium-high speed just until no traces of flour remain, about 30 seconds; do not over beat.

Divide batter into lined muffin pan only 3/4 full. Bake until lightly golden brown. Toothpick to come out clean. Should take about 18-10 minutes. Let cupcakes cook in pan on wire rack 5 minutes. Then just the cupcakes on wire rack until completely cooled.

Frost your vanilla cupcakes with a cream cheese or buttercream frosting. You can do any flavored buttercream you choose as well.
I used a cream cheese frosting with food coloring.

I thought I had already taken pictures of the cupcakes before eaten...I guess not :( I'll be making these again real soon so stay tuned!

xoxo
-N

No comments: