Home     About Me     Recipes

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Homemade Cinnamon Rolls.....Take 1

On my quest to do more baking, I asked my kids what they would like most. Of course they always give the same answers, Doughnuts! I didn't feel like making doughnuts today so they said, Cinnamon Rolls!
So I thought for a moment and decided that yes, I would master making homemade cinnamon rolls just for my boys, and just like my mom did every Christmas morning.
I started my baking mid morning and it went like this


Looks good right?

Wrong...After all my hard work on these, I forgot to let them rise one more time before putting them in the oven.
I'm so embarrassed by the way they turned out I refuse to post a picture. The filling ran out of the dough and hardened underneath. The dough was hard as a rock too. The boys and I tried to eat one but no luck.
Homemade Cinnamon rolls are hard! I'll try again in a few days.
My quest to become a Pastry Chef is looking pretty bad, maybe I need to stick with the cupcakes!

2 comments:

Julie - Life Continues said...

Nooo! Practice makes perfect, and you have to remember that cold temps keep the dough from rising. So you need a warm house or slightly warm oven to make the dough rise.

Keep trying!

HR Mom said...

The house wasn't warm at all, with the -13 degrees outside it's been hard to keep the house at a decent temp.