Home     About Me     Recipes

Monday, September 20, 2010

Volvo XC90, Acura MDX or Nissian Pathfinder??

It's that time again, I need a new car. Well I shouldn't say need, I want a new car. Some of you reading this are rolling your eyes and saying, "She just got a new car!" Well here's the scoop. I drove little cars in High school, mostly Honda Preludes. I moved to Colorado driving a Honda Civic, I loved it but it was nothing but a money pit. I swore I would only buy new if I could. I couldn't, not with a new baby coming. I got a super awesome deal on a Chevy Blazer. I think I may have made money on it. My first car purchase without my dad. I did great! So anyway when I had my #2 baby I was also working a lot and up to a 30 min. drive w/o traffic to work. I was driving up to 70 miles a day! Talk about a gas guzzler.
I traded that in for a brand new 2007 Jetta. I had always wanted one. For gas purposes it was great, I also missed driving a stick. I left the dealership so happy. Well this is one car I wish I leased. I have gotten so sick of it! The traffic here sucks, and the amount that I am driving now I cannot handle the stick OR the fact that the kids are right up on my ear while I'm driving. They are so distracting! So now that my Jetta is over 3 years old and getting high miles I want to trade it in.
Here are my top 3 picks. Which one should I get?

They are all very similar. 3 row seating-My #1 priority, same gas mileage, good ratings, safe, etc.
A little car tip for anyone else looking for a new ride, buy in October or 1st week of November. The cars go on sale these months due to the new year coming out in December. Also purchase your car through a credit union it's a better deal. Any other tips you know about, I'd love to hear them too!
Happy Car hunting!

5 comments:

Team Gibson said...

They don't have 3rd row seating, but I love my Nissan Murano - I have had 2 now. Mike drives a Nissan Armada - kinda big, but it has 3rd row. We really like the Nissan's - they've never let us down :)

Julie - Life Continues said...

Can you tell us what car is what for those of us who don't know just by looking at the pictures?

HR Mom said...

Anna, My neighbor has driven the Murano and loved it, they just traded it in for the pathfinder, and love that too. They are the ones making me look into it else I wouldn't of given it another look. I'll check them all out.

Mom, Acura top left, then pathfinder and the volvo is on the bottom. Don't you know car logos? LOL

Isha Shiri said...

Volvo!!! :)

I had a Volvo C30 sedan blue, was wonderful, but a Volvo Crossover white would be the maximum for me.

Kiss

Anonymous said...

Wow all I can say is that you are a great writer! Where can I contact you if I want to hire you?