Home     About Me     Recipes

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

End of Summer beginning of Fall

Summer is coming to and end here in Colorado. We are still having 80-90 degree days but the night air is getting cold and crisp. I love sleeping with my windows open at this time of year. I do get cold at night but I love having a soft blanket near by. We all had a great summer doing many different things. But as summer does come to an end I will miss the:
Outdoor Pool

Bike Riding

Running

Wearing my sunglasses

Hiking

Kickball with all the neighborhood kids and some adults

BBQing

Driving with the window down

Just sitting outside shooting the shit with friends and sippin a cold one

What I am really looking forward to this Fall is the:

not wearing a swimsuit most days

so over the shorts too, except my workout shorts they are pretty cozy

Warm soups, stews and chili's (Pampered chef has a cookbook named that..funny)

Games!!! Gotta play my faves Taboo, Phase 10, and Shut the Box with Steve and Dawnette. There's nothing better than playing games inside on a cold fall or winter day/evening with great people while laughing and having a festive drink...

My favorite warm drinks

taking pictures of the leaves changing

cozy blanket by the fire while watching a movie

homemade crafts and of course,

HALLOWEEN!

so many things I love during each season. I cannot wait to see what fun things we come up with this year. I have a few off my bucket list I'd like to accomplish so hopefully we are not stuck inside with snow storms to much this year. Last Halloween we had a bad snow storm, it was a wet mess trick or treating in that stuff.
As one season ends another begins in this wonderful place I love to call God's Country!
What are your favorite things about Summer or Fall?

No comments: