Home     About Me     Recipes

Monday, December 13, 2010

The Runners Rule Book

I was walking through an isle in the library last week and ran across this book:
As most of you know I pick books by the cover! So I grabbed it mostly because I had endured severe Shin splints over Thanksgiving..A very long couple weeks of pain, not running and recovery. I thought that this book would give me a little insight on how to improve my posture or foot movements to become a better runner. I was way off!
This book was actually pretty funny! It had a few helpful hints for the everyday runner but it really was geared towards people who are running marathons/races.  I am so not close to running a marathon! I'm still trying to beat my time doing 5k's! I do know that while I run to blow my nose and fart! One thing is the author a multiple marathoner states that you shouldn't run with music....I would die without my music, I run 10 times better with great music. I was even thinking on the treadmill the other morning that I was going to make a running track on my ipod to make me run faster!
Anyway if anyone reading this blog is a serious runner, trying to run a marathon I do recommend the book.

No comments: