Home     About Me     Recipes

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Homemade Beignets

I had my first Beignet a couple years ago in New Orleans at  Cafe Du Monde I didn't know what I was getting myself into. I smelled just an aroma of deliciousness and coffee. As a Small plate piled high arrives at our table, the boys and are in Awe! The first bite is like heaven. I could of eaten them all day everyday of our trip.
 I wished I had bought some of there mix while I was there because over the last couple years it would be nice to enjoy a nice Beignet at home with the delicious latte.
Since a nice Nola beignet isn't just a hop skip and jump away I had to think of an alternative...Make my own! I really wanted them to turn out for not only my sake but my husbands.


I hit a home run on my first try! I couldn't believe how well they turned out, my husband was so proud of me. So whenever I'm craving a NOLA Beignet I'll just head to the kitchen!
For all my Denver friends I hear that Nonna's Cafe in Littleton is now selling Beignets.

Beignets
Recipe here. I am glad you all are excited to try my recipe. If you plan on blogging about this on your blog please link me to it. Please make sure you give credit where credit is due :)
Enjoy!
xoxo
-N

5 comments:

Julie - Life Continues said...

Sounds delicious, how about sharing your recipe!

The Chick Voice said...

you can also get them at Lucille's. Right by my office. Let's do it some day!!! Not AS good as Cafe Du Monde, but close.

auntiejenni said...

ummmmm, from a current pacific northwester to a colorado girlie...i would LOVE the recipe. i, too, have memories of those marvelous beignets that floated off my plate in a cloud of powdered sugar. i bought the mix and it tasted NOTHING like the original, so i hope yours tastes a LOT better. any chance you would share the recipe with me? er, US?
email: angelheartcottage@comcast.net

CoCo said...

I would love this recipe if you are willing to share. My name is Colleen I live in Kansas City shyco73@hotmail.com. Thanks :)

HR Mom said...

I'm a new blogger so I am so glad this post is getting so many hits! I will have to make time to post the recipe for everyone. Thanks for stopping by and feel free to be a follower I have many other recipes I want to write about!