Home     About Me     Recipes

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Homemade Christmas Wreath

Every year I want a new Christmas Wreath for my front door and my front windows, but I refuse to pay the prices! I mean really a fake wreath is $20+ that's way out of my budget. So being frugal I decided I'd take a stab at making my own!
First start with a plain ol' wreath. I got this one with an ugly bow on it at Goodwill .99, I cut the bow off.

 Went next door to Dollar Tree and got a bird gathering with snow capped pine cones and a bunch of white Lillie's. I also picked out a nice silver ribbon.
 I warmed up my blue gun and hot glued the bird gathering on first then attached a couple of the flowers to the sides. I then put on the silver ribbon.
I then hung it on my front door and took tons of pictures trying to get the right shot while it's 19 degrees and barefoot outside. I'm sure my neighbors thought I was a freak! But I don't care cause I'm happy with my $4 wreath! Yes in all I estimate I spend no more than $4 and I still have flowers left over for another wreath. By the end of the year I am going to make 2 matching wreaths for my front windows.