Home     About Me     Recipes

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!

It's that time again! Wake up early and run downstairs to check all the presents Santa left under the tree! The screams, smiles and laughter coming from my boys never gets old. I checked to see if we were going to have a white Christmas and we were blessed with a warm and sunny 50 degree day...Just beautiful!

This is probably the one and only time I can tell this story. I was up at 7am as usual, I came downstairs to find...no kids awake! I started coffee and breakfast. The husband came down shortly after me.....still no kids. 7:45 finally D comes down and is so excited but I tell him we need to wait until T wakes up to do our stockings. He checked out 'Santa' gifts and made sure the milk had been drunk and the cookies had been eaten. I held him off until 8am and he begged to wake up T. T came down very sleepy and not so happy he was woken up. I couldn't help but laugh a 7 year old who can WAIT to open gifts. At this time breakfast was done, we ate our traditional scrambled eggs, and cinnamon rolls (yes, store bought, I forgot to do the homemade dough). I even finished coffee, checked facebook and cleaned the kitchen. I was waiting by the tree for the kids to come open gifts.
D was very happy with his large amount of toys. I think he was more spoiled this year than T. T got less gifts due to not being into 'toys' and that his 1 major gift was a GC to the Apple store to get his Ipod Touch.
Rog got his 8gb Ipod Touch, Pampered Chef Gravy Separator and an herb keeper. He was very happy, he got everything he asked for.
I got a pair of Under Armour training pants, a UA gift card and a grey pea coat. All which I will be exchanging. He says he couldn't find the exact pant, sweatshirt and coat I put on my list, but he tried and that's what counts.
We also got very blessed with money from the rents! We went to the in-laws and the boys got lots of outdoor toys, including an electric scooter!
With a few hiccups here and there, we are now all settled in our pj's, full tummy's, toys and directions to be read before bed.
Until next year!

No comments: