Home     About Me     Recipes

Monday, November 14, 2011

Sour Cream Cake {pumpkin} Doughnuts

A few things I love, Sour Cream, Pumpkin puree, and a few doughnuts. Why not try it all together!
Making doughnuts also saves me time from making breakfast for the hungry boys in the morning.








Sour Cream Cake Doughnuts
Makes 12 or 2 dozen doughnut holes

Whisk together in a medium bowl 2 cups flour, 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon. Set bowl aside.

In large mixing bowl beat 2 large eggs until foamy, gradually add in and beat thoroughly blended 1/2 cup sugar. Stir in until blended 1/2 cup sour cream and 1 tsp. Vanilla.
At this time mix in a few tablespoons Pumpkin puree (optional)

Add the dry ingredients and stir until incorporated. The dough will be soft, pat the dough into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours (up to 2 days). Will become firm but workable when cold.

Working on a lightly floured surface, pat or roll the dough out 1/2" thick. Cut with dough cutters and keep doughnut holes.
Drop doughnuts and holes 3 at a time into deep oil heated to 375 degrees. Fry until golden on both sides. Drain well on paper towels and either dust with powdered sugar or shake in a bag with sugar in and cinnamon mixture.
Serve Warm

 Print Recipe Here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kfl9avXt48IXFMFBysq_Ypl2N6MzwrhJXTUslKKVXUY/edit

This was a huge hit! My son's and there friend said they were better then store bought!

Cooking Notes:
I did a dozen sugar/cinnamon and the other dozen powdered sugar.
I also made 1 dozen sour cream and 1 dozen sour cream pumpkin.
   *I think I used about 1/2 cup puree and it came out very sticky, I had to make sure to have a very large amount of flour on my surface so it wouldn't keep sticking.

Anyone have a great doughnut recipe they like to make?
Have you tried this one? I'd love to hear what you thought.

xoxo
-N

No comments: