Home     About Me     Recipes

Monday, November 7, 2011

Homemade Lasagna Noodles

I was at my friends house a while back and she has the Red Kitchen Aid mixer sitting on her counter. Of course I fell in love with it. Mine is just the basic, small white one. She also mentioned she has all the attachments and never used any of them. So a light bulb went off...
I want to try and make my own lasagna noodles. It looked pretty easy. So I pulled out my Kitchen Aid cookbook/instruction manual and started on the noodle recipe.



                                                    That's D's hand....He's my kitchen helper
                               
It took a while for me to get the right thickness of the noodles and it got frustrating on how the holes kept coming through. The attachment has up to 6 settings and certain chunks of dough worked and didn't work. It is almost impossible for me to get them to look exactly like the ones you get from a box. But no one in my family will even see them so crooked they were!
I made enough to make the lasagna and put the rest in the freezer. I will have to use the rest for something else. I'm thinking I want to make my own homemade ravioli.
I used my Lasagna Recipe except replaced the Barilla noodles with my homemade noodles.

Let me know if you try this!

xoxo
-N

No comments: