Home     About Me     Recipes

Friday, November 4, 2011

5th {Wedding} Anniversary!

5, yes 5 years ago today I married my babies daddy!
Here's our story....
When I first met my man I just knew he was going to be mine forever. But when he knocked me up out of wed lock, we parted ways for a few weeks, just until we could both wrap around our heads that we were about to have a baby at 24 years old, that we had only known each other for 2 months and we didn't have family here to help.
When our little tiny miracle baby T was born early, weighing just about 5lbs. and in NICU for 7 days we moved in together.
He knocked me up AGAIN!!!
At this time we were enjoying all the first's with T in a large townhouse across the street from work. With a second baby on the way, we pretty much knew we had to get a house. Plus our rent was just as much as a mortgage payment and we didn't even have a yard! We found a house not built yet in Highlands Ranch. We begged and pleaded to the builder to have the house ready by April 1st of 2005. I did not want to be in a townhouse with a newborn. We moved into our brand new house on April 6th..ish and had baby D on April 18th. He was 6 lbs and healthy. We stayed our two days and they kicked us out. Now, the only problem was we couldn't leave without a name. We had no clue what to name our #2 baby except it had to include Robert (after my dad).
Life goes on......
Finally on December 25, 2005 Christmas morning, opening gifts with our two babies, my man decided to propose with the most gorgeous ring (which doesn't fit anymore and I miss it). We married November 4th 2006!

My BFF's from middle school and High School were my bridesmaids and his college buddies were his groomsmen.

Our babies walked down the isle with the pillow and Uncle Joey.

My dad walked me down the isle and I said, "shit". Only because my heel got caught in the isle runner and I thought I was going to fall. My friend said it was funny cause it was so ME. Then the pastor slammed his notebook closed and told everyone they had to turn off and put away there camera's. No pictures allowed. I was in total shock and pissed!  My baby was crying for me so my mom had to take baby D outside and give him his sippy cup. My father in laws girlfriend left very loudly during the ceremony....We said I do! FINALLY!
By the way this is the only ceremony picture that was ever taken...and it's not even good!

We then went off to the reception that went pretty well and had fun.

                                    Our first dance {amazed, by Lone Star} had to include baby D.
The best part was that the baby boys thought it was a huge party to celebrate THEM! Till this day ages 6 & 8 they still refer to the "wedding" as their big party. That would have been one expensive baby party.

So, we may have done things completely backwards but, 5 years later I am still madly in love with my husband and look forward to growing more with him.

OH, and I think I may have to save up and re-do our "baby party" there is so many things I would do differently. Maybe when we get to our 20, 30th anniversary?

Happy Anniversary babe, I love you!

xoxo
-N

No comments: