Home     About Me     Recipes

Monday, November 28, 2011

Best Crock Pot Carnitas

I bought a 3 lb Pork Shoulder on sale at Safeway wanting to make Shredded BBQ sandwiches, freezing the leftovers. My hubby talked me into making Carnitas. I was a little nervous to make homemade Carnitas due to the fact that I have never made them before & because he would compare it to the meal I usually get from Costco.Let's just say if it turned out bad I wouldn't be posting the recipe!

Crock Pot Carnitas
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Cumin
1/2 tsp Crumbled dried oregano
1/2 tsp Coriander
1/4 tsp Ground cinnamon
1 (4 lb) Pork Roast
2 Bay Leaves
2 Cups Chicken Broth

Mix Spices in bowl. Coat Pork with spices.
Put bay leaves in bottom of crock pot, then coated pork. Pour broth around the sides of the pork. Be careful not to rinse off the spices on the pork. Cover and cook on low until pork shreds easily. About 10 hours. Turn pork over after 5 hours of cooking.
Shred and Serve

We served them on warm corn tortillas, with shredded lettuce, cheese, sour cream and salsa.
My kids added BBQ sauce, It was a huge hit!

xoxo
-N

Recipe found on allrecipes.com

1 comment:

Team Gibson said...

I am totally making this! Sounds so yummy.