Home     About Me     Recipes

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Bucket List Items

I started writing out my bucket list when I was 29. I was really, really not wanting to turn 30. I thought it was going to be the end of everything for me. I was already a women of faith but turning 30 made me step it up a bit. I wanted to feel closer to GOD and his country by doing thrilling, adventurous things. I found my list in my prayer journal last week and thought I should share it. Here is what I have on my list to do before I die. If I finish before I turn 40, I'll write a new list.
1. Skydive
2. White Water Raft.. Completed July 2011
3. Snowmobile....Completed 2010
4. Climb 14er's.... Mt. Bierstadt(more to go)
5. See all 50 States...Not much seen yet
6. Live in the Now
7. Read the entire Bible NIV in 1 year
8. Run a 1/2 marathon....  August 13, 2011
9. Hot air balloon ride
10. Swim with a dolphin
11. Zip line (preferably in another country but CO will work too)
12. Snowshoe
13. Ride in a helicopter
14. Learn to Sew (I want to sew a blanket)
15. Learn more sign language
16. Tour my favorite wine vineyards
17. Go on a Honeymoon
18. Go on a mission trip
19. Do work with the Peace Corp. or Big Sister program
TO See:
20. See the Grand Canyon
 b. Great Barrier Reef
 c. Acropolis & Athens-Greece
 d. The Vatican-Rome
 e. Coliseum-Rome
 f. Mt. Rushmore
 g. Empire State Building
 h. Statue of Liberty
Activities:
21. Mardi Gras in NOLA
22. Oktoberfest in Germany
23. Kentucky Derby
24. See my kids faces at Disney world
25. Learn to forgive.....Completed spring 2011 but can always keep learning
26. Do all lessons in "a course in miracles"
27. Scuba Dive...see a shipwreck
28. Shoot clay pigeons
29. Volunteer for a cause I believe in....Continuing but started 2010
30. Do what GOD put me here to do!

This list is always growing! I'm thankful I get the chance to do some/most of these things. My heavenly father put me here to do wonderful things and I hope I please him along my journey of adventures. Feel free to start your own bucket list and take my ideas.
Do any of you have a list? Post a link to your list so we can check it out!

xoxo
-N

No comments: