Home     About Me     Recipes

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Vice and Virtue By Jim Dixon Book Review

I received Vice and Virtue last year or so from an event I went to at church. Dr. Jim Dixon is the teaching pastor at our local mega church. I had this book on the shelf for a long time mostly because I was overwhelmed with all the other books I was reading. I then read Radical and couldn't get enough of the religious books. This looked like a short read, which I needed in between book club books. I couldn't of read this book at a better time for several reasons.
I'm in a better place and I'm way more knowledgeable of the word then I was last year. The Lord is present in my day all day long and this made things so much more understandable. Vice and Virtue went perfect also with my current Bible Study lessons.
I really enjoyed this book. Jim is a great speaker and author. I plan on reading another of his books.
The book is about the 7 sins and the 7 virtues, it just goes into depth on each one according to the bible.
This is one book I am going to hold on to for a while, it's one you can read many times.


Anyone read this or another of Jim Dixon's books?

xoxo
-N

No comments: