Home     About Me     Recipes

Saturday, March 26, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Run

Our town of Highlands Ranch hosts a lot of 5k's and on St. Patty's weekend a few friends and I decided to run this year. We trained for a few months, just so we would run the entire time without walking. It was a blast from start to finish. The adults ran the 5k and then they had a kids run around the parking lot. The kids got to get there hair colored green, free beer and goodies for the adults. Fun was had by all!
I did get a PR, but it only motivates me to do better next time. My goal today is to just run without hurting myself. I pulled my quad muscle running uphill sprints on Thursday, and still deal with shin splints but I'm not giving up yet ;)


                                          Leslie and I coming to the finish line. I'm in the green.
                              Finish line! (the clock time, is not my actual time, we used chips ;)..)
                                                        'D' in the kids run
"T" is in the lead, he's a sprinter just like his mom!
                             3 out of 4 of us that ran the race together! Love my running friends.

No comments: