Home     About Me     Recipes

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Homemade Sopapilla's

Don't you find that on Friday evenings you just don't want to cook dinner? Well in our neighborhood it's almost a new trend. Us women are so tired by Friday that Take out Friday is our "thing". We usually gather at one of the houses and order some great food or if we feel up to it, we make something and eat together. It's a great time getting to know each other, laugh and the kids play. Well, a few Friday's ago we decided on a Mexican Fiesta theme. My friend Dawnette made margaritas, snacked on chips, salsa, and tomatillo sauce. For dinner the most amazing Chile Relleno casserole, homemade rice and beans..OMG, it was so amazing that you kept eating even after your stomach was so full you couldn't move. So glad I wore workout pants, for the extra stretch! To end the wonderful evening of Mexican food I made, Sopapillas. They turned out good. They are super easy to make.
You can find the premade flour mix in the Latin section of your local grocery store. Put the flour in a bowl and add warm water. Knead dough, let sit for about 10 minutes.
Roll dough out and cut into triangles. I am fortunate to have a deep fryer, so warm it up to 375 and drop a few triangles in. Bake on both sides until golden.
Drain on paper towel lined plate. Drizzle honey on top. Optional is to add cinnamon/sugar mixture as well.
YUMMY!!
I hope you enjoy this.

xoxo
-N

2 comments:

Chick Voice said...

So now you've inspired me to recreate what we call "mexican grub" food. Let's do it all again, and we can take pics and post on both blogs.........a blog cooking event. Are you up?

HR Mom said...

I'm totally up for a blog cooking event!! I think I might try to make Flan or something besides Sopapilla's though. We should do something like this once a month or every 2 months. I'm excited now!