Home     About Me     Recipes

Thursday, March 29, 2012

P90X DONE!

YES, you read that right! P90X is DONE!!
First let's start with week 11...Really bad week! I physically cannot do lunges or squats without my knees cracking and being in so much pain. The only bad thing about that is it's the two best workouts for the legs/butt!
The only thing I pushed myself on was the arm weights this week. I went up from a 12 to 15 for the entire arm workout. Some of it was so hard. Glad I did it though. I skipped the Kenpo workout and ran sprint intervals instead. I really am missing my running.

Week 12!!! This week went fast but I did a lot of modifications. My knees are still really bad. Instead of the cardio workout I went to a new gym and worked out twice.

So for the results!!!

                                       Started                Finished

Arm weights                   10 lbs                   15-20 lbs
Standard push up             6..Knees 20         20 no knees at any given time
Military push up              1                             7
Wide fly PU                     10                        15
Decline push ups              0                          12
Dive Bomber                    5                          10
Plank hold                       30 sec                    1 min. 15 seconds

Strip Sets (8 reps of each lb) 15,12,10,8              20,15,12,10,8,5,2,1 1/2 lbs

Ab Ripper X                    10 of each             20-25 of most

Measurements:            Started                     Finished

Fat Mass                       32 lb                        26.21 lbs  (down 6.4)
Lean Mass                    130.79                     136.79      (up muscle 6.4)

% of Body Fat              20%                          16%

Overall I lost 9.1 inches all around my body. My Abs being the most!!! And 4% of my body fat!!

I feel fantastic and the strongest I've ever been. I still feel like I can do better with lean muscle. I plan on starting P90X2 next week. I am going to focus on balance and strength with fat burning. I'm going to step up my ab workout too. I'd like to have 6 pack abs by the end of this workout.

This week I went to a new gym and there focus is being in fat burning mode for 12-20 minutes. We did 26 minutes of sprint intervals on the treadmill. 3 minutes of rowing. Then TRX style workouts, sit ups, push ups incline on a step. Then back to rowing. I finished this entire 50 minute workout 1st out of all the people there.  I also stayed in the orange zone (fat burning) for 19 minutes each day!
I couldn't of done it without P90X!! I wasn't the skinniest one there either!
Muscle is the new Skinny!!

As a celebration (while doing measurements) my girlfriend Amanda has her own homemade blue moon beer, we had a few glasses! We couldn't stop smiling! We actually finished 12 weeks of one of the most hardest workouts!! I still can't even believe I did it. I have just come so far since 1 1/2 years ago. I can't wait to see what I can do and look like by summer.

Thank you to everyone for all the encouragement and support!

I do have before pictures, I'll try and have someone take after pictures and post them soon.

xoxo
-N

1 comment:

Julie - Life Continues said...

Wow, it really is so impressive! I couldn't even think about doing all that you have done! I hope that your knees hold up through all of this!!
Looking forward to seeing some pictures.