Home     About Me     Recipes

Monday, February 13, 2012

p90x Weeks 5 & 6!!

These past weeks have flown by I thought we were just finishing up week 5 today! I think it's so routine now that I can't keep track of what we are doing. Wed. we start week 7.

In week 5 we started doing combo's of Back and Biceps and Chest, Shoulder and Triceps I would have to say that so far they are my favorite workouts. They are hard but I notice through soreness that it's working.
I'm just in shock the 4 of us girls have stuck through it. I missed 2 days last week so I had to do 2 workouts on Sunday and it wasn't that bad at all. I gave me energy for the rest of the day. But I hit the pillow hard last night.
Looking at it all now I can't believe we will have accomplished this entire thing in 4 more weeks!
Nothing else will change for the rest of the weeks and I'm OK with that.
I've lost several inches so far but zero pounds. I think most women focus on the weight most and I know that muscle weighs more then fat. I just hoped that the muscles would have burned a little faster!
I lost 11 inches in 6 weeks with the last challenge.

On Friday I did sprint intervals on the treadmill. I loved it. I really  need to get back in the habit of running at least 3-5 miles, 5 days per week. I have several races I want to do coming up and I think it will help lose the pounds. Running has got to be the best cardio for weight loss in my opinion.
I'm thinking of skipping P90x 2 and moving onto Insanity next. But I'm going to be a follower on this one, majority rules when you have so many of us.

Measurements to come soon!

xoxo
-N

No comments: