Home     About Me     Recipes

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I Confess...

Yes, I confess! I'm a magazine hoarder. I have so many magazines that my coffee tables bottom has bent so low it might break off. And it's made of iron! Let me explain I am a sucker for the magazine door to door sales people from the High school. I purchased the 1 year to Parents mag when my boys were little. Twice. Then they lost my order. Twice. So the company gave me an additional year free. Twice. So that's 4 years of Parents mag that I just put in a pile. I never read any of them!
Then a killer Real Simple coupon came out for like 1 year for $7. Then I did it again the following year. Maybe reading 4 of them.
Then another great deal...5280 and Runner's world and Women's Day! I swore I would read them. I do have to admit the only mag I open is the Runner's World. I love them!
Then when I go to the gym I get the free competitor and Max mags too!
I've learned that if it's fitness, I'll read it.

My P90x workout buddy also gets People, In Touch and Life & Style when she's done reading it, I get those too. When I work at the salon, I bring home past months mags to catch up on the gossip, fitness or food magazine articles too.

Back about 6 years ago I did purchase a lot of wedding magazines too. Looking at dresses, centerpieces and all that wonderful wedding planning stuff. I kept them all. Why? I don't have a clue. So about 4 months ago I recycled all of them. But I'm still sitting on several years of unread mags.
I just rather read a book!
I promised though that I would read all the Parents Mags before March and try and sell them at the consignment sales I'm going to sell at. I don't even care if I get $1.00 for all 4 years but they will be out of my house! And that is the goal and my hubby will be so excited!

So there you have it, my big secret...I'm a magazine hoarder!

I took a picture but it's still on my camera. I've been super lazy with the picture taking, baking and all that. I'll get my groove back, Stella did! It is Stella right?

Blessings,
xoxo
-N

No comments: