Home     About Me     Recipes

Monday, December 12, 2011

Running {dreams} put on Hold

Once again my running has been put on hold. Back at the end of October I was dancing..not very well. Dancing to Justin Bebier with the kids and another couple in their living room. You might be asking your self would she do this sober? Well,wonder no more the answer is NO!
 First I only dance under the influence, and I would never willingly dance to the Beb's!

With that said, I rolled my ankle dancing that night. Pretty bad my ankle swelled twice it's size and turned black and blue. It was actually black and blue for 3 weeks. I iced it and elevated it for some time and it just seemed like it wasn't getting any better.

I ran several times these past few weeks ignoring the shooting pains in my foot. I did this because I convinced myself that I just needed to regain the strength in the muscles after babying it for so long.
Well, once I was done running/walking this morning I left the gym in a bit of pain. I drove straight to the Dr.'s.

Of course I was sweaty and stinky but didn't realize I haven't shaved my legs or put lotion on them for a good 2 weeks (day before my surgery)...Embarrassing much.

Got through that just for them to put me in that ugly blue open toed shoe looking Velcro crap!
YUP...I get to walk in a post op shoe for the next 3-4 weeks!!!
I have a fracture in my left foot! At least it isn't broken right.
This is exactly why I didn't want to go to the Dr.'s they always put you in the ugly shoe!
I'm sucking it up just so that I can run again and that's the only reason why!

xoxo
-N

No comments: