Home     About Me     Recipes

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Crunchy Caramel Apple Pie

I've been sitting on this recipe for over a year and with organic apples at 88 cents a lb I stocked up and decided to finally bake a pie. I don't know what's gotten into me but I feel like being in the kitchen all the time now. Because I've been bed ridden for over a week? Cause I can't run I have to keep on my feet? Anyway, it's great to keep my blog hoppin' though right. As my neighbor would say, "don't read Nicole's blog, if your hungry"!
Once you see the pictures of this pie, you will want to make it....It's hands down one of the best pie's I've ever had!








Crunchy Caramel Apple Pie
Print
Ingredients:
1 Pastry Pie Crust
1/2 Cup Sugar
3 Tbs Flour
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/8 tsp Salt
6 cups peeled, sliced apples
1/2 Cup pecans (optional)
1/4 c Caramel Topping

Crumb Topping:
1 Cup Brown Sugar packed
1/2 C Flour
1/2 C Rolled Oats
1/2 cup butter
Mix all ingredients together until crumbled

In Large bowl combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt and apples. Gently toss apples until coated. Put in pie shell.
Sprinkle on crumb topping. Put on cookie sheet. Cover edges of pie with foil. Bake at 375 for 25 minutes. Remove foil bake an additional 25 minutes. Remove and add pecans, Cool and add caramel topping.
Serve Warm!

Enjoy

xoxo
-N

No comments: