Home     About Me     Recipes

Monday, December 5, 2011

Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Marshmallow filling

We did a friendsgiving this year with our neighbor friends a couple Sunday's ago instead of the traditional Thanksgiving dinner. We did this because our husbands worked on the holidays plus we are like family now since we have known each other for 6 1/2 years.
 They love our kids like they were there own and that's something special in a kids life that only comes around maybe once.
I remember when I was a kid and my next door neighbor was awesome, I spent so much time with them, I loved them. I grew up to babysit there kids and now I just keep in touch with them on facebook. But I'll never forget them!
Anyway instead of the traditional Pumpkin Pie, my husband asked me to whip up some pumpkin whoopie pies instead, cause he just loves my last batch of Old Fashioned Whoopie Pies. It's like his new obsession or something. And he say, "whip up" like it's a 5 minute drive thru window order. This isn't McDonald's buddy.
But I did it anyway and of course anything you make with Pumpkin turns out A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!




Yes, they are as good as they look. Make them and you'll know what I'm talking about!

Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Marshmallow Filling
Recipe

Ingredients:

Filling:
  1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
  1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
  17-ounce jar marshmallow creme
  2 teaspoons maple extract (optional..I left this out *wish I didn't)

Cake Cookies:
3 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
3/4 tsp ground cloves
6 TBS (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup (packed) brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
15-ounce can pure pumpkin
1/2 cup milk
Nonstick vegetable oil spray

Preparation

Filling

Using electric mixer, beat sugar and butter in large bowl until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add marshmallow creme and maple extract; beat until blended and smooth.
Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.


Cookies:

    Sift first 7 ingredients into large bowl. Using electric mixer, beat butter and both sugars in another large bowl until blended. Gradually beat in oil. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating to blend between additions. Beat in pumpkin. Add dry ingredients in 2 additions alternately with milk in 1 addition, beating to blend between additions and occasionally scraping down sides of bowl. Cover and chill batter 1 hour.

Preheat to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment; spray lightly with nonstick spray. Spoon batter onto baking sheet to form cakes (about 3 level tablespoons each; about 12 per baking sheet), spacing apart. Let stand 10 minutes.

Bake cakes until tester inserted into centers comes out clean, about 20 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through baking. Cool cakes completely on baking sheets on rack. Using metal spatula, remove cakes from parchment.  (High Altitude: Bake directly on sheet, 9 minutes)

Spoon about 2 tablespoons filling on flat side of 1 cake. Top with another cake, flat side down. Repeat with remaining cakes and filling.
Can be made 8 hours ahead. Store in single layer in airtight container at room temperature.

Anyone else make a wonderful Whoppie Pie? Let me know if you make this one and how you like it!

xoxo
-N


Courtesy Recipe here

No comments: