Home     About Me     Recipes

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Homemade Pita Chips

Here at the Casa, we just love hummus. We can seriously eat an entire package of hummus in one sitting. I have made some of my own but just plain. We love all the red pepper and pine nut flavors. Maybe some day I can try making one of those flavors.  We usually eat hummus with carrots or Pita chips. But I hate the price of pita chips! So I decided I would try and make my own. They are actually very easy and yummy. Not Stacy chips good, but healthy and half the price.



Pita Chips:
Pita pockets
Olive Oil
Seasonings (Italian or sea salt)
Garlic Salt

Cut the pita pockets into small strips. Place on a baking sheet and cover pita with olive oil and seasonings. Then bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Keep an eye on them they can burn. When golden brown remove from over and cool. Feel free to add more seasoning if needed. Serve with hummus!

Anyone else have a good recipe they like to follow for Hummus or Pita chips?

xoxo
-N

No comments: