Home     About Me     Recipes

Monday, July 25, 2011

4th of July Cupcakes and fun!

I know, I know I'm a little behind on my July 4th posts! I honestly keep forgetting to bring my camera almost everywhere I go these days. Shame on me, what a bad blogger I am! I'm trying to keep it in plain sight so I can actually snap a few photos of our summer as well.
We had a busy 4th of July weekend this year with some great friends. We started off on Sunday with a 4th/going away party combo with neighbors, friends and complete strangers. We had 100 degree weather without a cloud in the sky to kick off our drinking, I mean party.
We had a street full of kids, bikes and games with a sea of Red, White and Blue. The kids of course loved the fireworks the most. Our leaving neighbors were the prideful owners of some illegal fireworks call the Redneck Party Pack!
Saturday we headed on over to our fellow across the main street neighborhood for another party. We ate, drank, met new friends while the kids played kickball, football and more. We had front row seats to another evening of fireworks this time by teenagers. We then ended the night with my best friend and her kids doing sparklers and little fireworks.
By the end of the weekend we were all sleep deprived but no one was complaining!
Firework cupcakes
(Martha S. made these with cookies)
                                                     Red Velvet Cupcakes with R,W & B icing
                                                        to replicate the firework Popsicle

                                                              
                                                             T and D, having a blast!

                                                                            US

                                                                     Me and my man!

I hope everyone else had a fun and safe 4th of July! Feel free to leave a post in my comments with any of your creative baking/cooking for the 4th too!

xoxo
-N

No comments: