Home     About Me     Recipes

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Updated June Goals

I didn't realize how busy our summer was going to be this year with 2 big boys in my house. We have hardly been home yet this summer. It's been fun but I'm getting tired!
Why is it kids think you have to entertain them every single second of the day? Why can't my kids still nap?
I also find that I have to wake up between 5 and 6am to get my run in, by 2 I'm ready for a nap. The weather has been really nice too and the last thing I want to do is cook in my 78 degree house. So even though I set a lot of goals I'm ok with not meeting most of them. If my family is happy then that's all that matters to me.
I'll set more goals for July that most likely I won't finish as well ;)

Personal:

Run my 1st 10K race if one is close enough (if not I'm running another 5K on July 4th)...Didn't race due to finances
Start back up Rock Climbing...just haven't been able to fit it in with my training


To make in the Kitchen:
Homemade lasagna noodles...on hold cannot afford attachment
Graham Crackers
Mozzarella Sticks....boys ate the sticks for snacks
Granola bars (or something with oats)...July goal now



Crafts:
Make a 'C' wall art....Started but harder then I had planned
Re purpose an outdoor umbrella candle holder....Bought the stuff and it's all sitting in my garage




Kids:
Memory verses from Bible..I'm not going to cross off this is ongoing
Homework at least 4 days a week (I'm going to make a curriculum)....doing good on this, but ongoing
Sports...Ongoing



Reading:
Book club book
Love at Last sight
The purpose driven life...Started this
Real Mom's Real Jesus (June and July book for bible study)...almost done

No comments: